With the arrival of applications through Winepak, different applications have begun to be distributed that we can enjoy on our systems, without having to resort to a traditional installation of Wine and also configure it to proceed to install our application.
This measure of Winepak packages It has been liked by many because it greatly simplifies the installation work, as well as saving the user a lot of time in it.
In the article of Today we are going to share with you a simple way to install the Overwatch game on our system with the help of Winepak.
By using this method we can enjoy this great game on our systems.
For those users who do not know this renowned game I can tell you that Overwatch is a multiplayer first person shooter video game, developed by Blizzard Entertainment.
Overwatch puts players in teams of six, with each person choosing one of several available heroes each with unique moves and abilities. Heroes are divided into four classes: Attack, Defense, Tank, and Support.
Players on each team work together to attack and defend control points or to attack / defend "charges" (moving targets that move around the map).
The players with each game accumulate points that grant them aesthetic rewards that do not affect game performance.
To finish the game maps are inspired by real world locations. For example, the first three maps revealed ("King's Walk", "Hanamura", "Temple of Anubis") were inspired by London, Japan, and the ruins of ancient Egypt, respectively.
Overwatch is characterized by having team battles in which two teams of six players each face each other.Players choose a hero from the existing characters. Currently the game has four main game modes.
- Attack: The goal of the attacking team is to capture critical targets, while that of the defending team is to keep them under their control until time runs out.
- Shooting guard: The objective of the attacking team is to move a load to a delivery point. The defending team must impede the progress of the others until time runs out.
- Control: Two teams fight to capture and hold a single target at a time. The first to win two rounds wins the game.
- Assault / Escort: The goal of the attacking team is to capture a cargo and then move it to a delivery point. The defending team must impede their progress.
- Competitive: This game mode picks up the previous game modes where there is an attacking team and a defending team, two rounds are made alternating the role of the team, winning the team that led the most efficient progress of the objective.
- Arcade: There are several non-main game modes that give prizes every certain number of victories and also increase experience. The games include quick games that have modified elements.
How to install Overwatch on Linux?
As we commented we can install this game in our system with the help of Winepak, for this it is necessary that we have the support for Flatpak technology in our systems.
Before doing so, we must have the video drivers for our graphics cards in the system.
To install Overwatch on our system, we must open a terminal and execute the following command in it:
flatpak install winepak com.blizzard.Overwatch
We will have to wait for the package to be downloaded and installed on our computer. At the end of the installation we can run the game on our system.
In order to run the game in case the shortcut for it had not been created in our applications menu, we can run it with:
flatpak run com.blizzard.Overwatch
In the first execution, Wine will be configured, as well as the game in the systemTherefore, if the assistant requires us, we simply have to follow their instructions.
At the end of this process we will be able to run and enjoy the game on the system.