One month after of the launch which introduced the i3-wm window manager and a Spanish version from the ISO, we already have a new version of previously known as Antergos. Is about EndeavorOS 2020.05.08 or, what is the same, the May version of the operating system. Taking into account that these are distributions in constant development, as we will explain later, they have introduced new features, but not very important in number. Among them, we have improvements to the window manager that they added last month.
As we read in the release note, they have begun to publish in different languages such as the Spanish, EndeavorOS 2020.05.08 fixes some bugs on certain hardware and has improved actual performance. In addition, they have updated some packages to their latest version, such as the browser that becomes Firefox 76.0.1-1 or the kernel that is now Linux 5.6.11.arch1-1. Below you have the list of new features that have been included in this version.
Highlights of EndeavorOS 2020.05.08
- Firefox 76.0.1-1
- Linux 5.6.11.arch1-1.
- Table 20.0.6-2.
- Squid 3.2.20.
- Fixed boot issues for ATI / AMD and Nvidia GPUs.
- New network driver included, r8168
- eos-log-tool available in the Live environment to provide logs in case of a problem
- Faster installation after fixing the pacman-key –refresh-keys problem.
- DHCPCD is no longer included as NetworkManager no longer supports the DHCPCD plugin.
- Improvements in i3-wm:
- Thunar is the default file manager
- The default terminal is Xfce4-terminal
- Some improvements to keyboard assignments
- A hint within the config files on how to update them to the latest Github versions.
As we have explained previously, EndeavorOS uses a development model that is constantly on the move, a Rolling Release that adds new features as soon as they are ready. This means that existing users will receive these updates from the same operating system, while the new ISOs are only for clean installs. If what you want is to do the latter, the new version is available from this link.