It has been a little over four months since threw the Odin version of the "elemental" operating system. Since then, what they have been releasing every month have been point updates, that is, the kind that focus more than anything on eliminating bugs and making minor corrections. This afternoon, Danielle Foré has made official the launch of elementary OS 6.1, renumbering for a version that has received the code name Jólnir.
Among the list of novelties that arrive with elementary OS 6.1, the one who has taken most of the prominence has been the software center, AppCenter. For example, they have «greatly revamped the homepage with banners featuring the latest and updated curated apps in a multi-touch carousel«.
Other new features in elementary OS 6.1 Jólnir
- Based on Ubuntu 20.04.3.
- Linux 5.11.
- The window selector has been redesigned and now no longer depends on the dock to switch between them.
- The Applications menu now shows more information when searching, such as folders marked as favorites or places.
- Housekeeping has been integrated into the settings application and temporary and deleted files can now be removed from there.
- Many improvements in AppCenter.
- Applications are now available for the ARM architecture (aarch64).
- Improvements in the installer and initial configuration.
- Now you can show or hide the battery percentage on the panel.
- Improved support for Bluetooth, especially when restarting the computer.
- General improvements in own applications, such as Files, Mail or Calendar.
- Little tweaks and improvements throughout.
elementary OS 6.1 Jólnir It is now available, both as an upgrade from existing installations and as a new ISO that can be downloaded from here!. elementary OS uses a "pay what you want" model to download the operating system; If you don't want to, you have to put € 0 to activate the download button.