I remember the times when Daniel Foré and his team took a long time to release new versions of the operating system that they develop or corrective updates. Those times are behind us, at least when it comes to maintenance updates. Just one month after earlier version, the team of developers of this beautiful and functional operating system have had the pleasure to announce the launch de elementary OS 5.1.5, a system that goes by the codename Hera.
In this version, no very notable changes have been included, but Cassidy James Blaede does mention as notable new features: improvements made to AppCenter, your software center, and in your file manager. Below you have explained a little more these and other changes that have come along with elementary OS 5.1.5 Hera.
Highlights of elementary OS 5.1.5
Improvements have been made, such as that now you can install updates without administrator permissions. As they explain, they believe that it is important that these permissions are still necessary when installing new software, but it does not make sense when it is going to be updated. This will also be the case for Flatpak applications.
On the other hand, the main screen applications are displayed more safely by collecting the previous results and returning them to them when necessary. They have also improved the reliability of the dock number balloon, which will result in better showing the number of updates that are available.
Now to copy an image and paste it into another application, the image will be pasted instead of routes, as long as it is possible because the destination application is compatible. Similarly, one or more cut or copied articles can now be pasted into another folder with the keyboard shortcut ctrl + v with the folder selected. Many other small bugs have also been fixed.
Among other changes introduced in elementary OS 5.1.5 Hera, we have
- In Network settings, support for various types of network encryption has been improved and the encryption type is reported more precisely.
- Fixed possible freezing when changing multiple panel settings, including Power, Date & Time, and Desktop settings.
- Performance has been greatly improved when changing the month in the datetime indicator when it has events, in addition, they have fixed missing event points in certain situations. In the Calendar app itself, several issues with adding and deleting monthly recurring events have been fixed.
- System icons have been updated to use new consistent Bubblegum and Mint palette colors.
- Urgent software update and synchronized sync, and new sizes for window close symbolic icons and preferences have been applied
Existing users will be able to upgrade to this version from the same operating system. For new installations, the elementary OS 5.1.5 Hera ISO can be downloaded from this link.