After less than a month of development and a v5.1.3 With improvements to various tools, Daniel Foré and his team have released a new version of their "elemental" operating system. Is about elementary OS 5.1.4 and it has been Cassidy James Blaede who have been in charge of post a blog post in which he tells us about the April news for "Hera", the code name since 5.1.
Although they have introduced changes in different components of the operating system, the most important are those that we use the most, such as an application menu that now works better when we move over it using touch panels, as well as touch screens. Below you have a list with the Highlights coming with elementary OS 5.1.4 Hera.
Highlights of elementary OS 5.1.4 Hera
- Parental controls improvements. They have now been renamed "Screen Time and Limits." The option is now available also for our own account in addition to other non-administrator accounts, which allows us to configure our own rules.
- Improved application menu. Now works best when using touchpads and touchscreens. In addition, they have updated the category view so that the apps are shown in our scrolling list instead of in a grid. Keyboard navigation has also benefited from these changes.
- System preferences It has been redesigned and now supports individual search for settings, among many other improvements.
- AppCenter has received a major update with performance improvements, improved support for extensions, better keyboard response, and more fixes.
- Video Enhancements.
- Has updated Gala (window manager) to fix a crash when switching between workspaces when certain windows are open and another that caused some windows to disappear when switching between workspaces using "Always on top in workspaces" or on multiple screens.
- Fixed a problem with the multimedia keys on the home and lock screen, among other improvements.
- The Photos app now includes an "Open in" menu in the photo viewer.
- New version of Granite.
Users interested in downloading this new version can do so from the official website, or by clicking on this link. Existing users will be able to upgrade from the same operating system.