Just two months ago today, Daniel Fore and his team released v5.1.2 of the operating system that they develop with a solution to the Sudo bug that affected many Linux distributions. Yesterday Cassidy James Blaede had the pleasure of announce el elementary OS 5.1.3 release, a new update that comes with more interesting changes than those released last February. Among them, improvements in applications such as Code, the text editor included in this distribution.
On the other hand, it is also interesting that they have launched two new tools, both related to updates. The first is to manage package updates, while the second will manage new releases of the operating system. Here is a list of the most important new features that have arrived with elementary OS 5.1.3, which continues with the codename Hera.
Highlights of elementary OS 5.1.3 Hera
- Improvements in applications such as Code, System Preferences, desktops and the file manager.
- Calendar improvements.
- New tools to manage packages and new versions of the operating system.
- Fixed rare freezes and crashes on files.
- Fixed Panel Pinning interfering with certain display settings.
- Notifications without artist data replaced by "Unknown title" or "Unknown artist".
- Improved performance and reduced memory usage of the Dashboard and indicators.
- New icon «Workplace».
- Keyboard shortcuts in the Gala window manager.
- Long shutdown times resolved.
- Removal of the old Cerbere desktop component.
- New command line option -t to open a new tab
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The new version It is now available as an ISO image from project home page. Existing users will be able to update to the new version from the specially designed tool, that is, by opening AppCenter and clicking "Update All".