There is a new version of the most popular Chinese operating system outside its borders. Although it is not that it has a very high market share, they are also the ones behind the Deepin desktop, and that is already being sought a little more due to the careful design it offers. Today the official launch of Download Deepin 20.7, and has come with many new features that will be welcomed by the end user.
Deepin is an operating system that, with the new name, is already more than 10 years old, but it is constantly evolving. With each new version they introduce new ideas, and Deepin 20.7 is no less in this regard. As for the least striking, or the least different from the rest, we have the kernel, and this version uses Linux 5.18 HWE (hardware activation, for new computers) and the latest LTS, Linux 5.15.
Most outstanding news of Deepin 20.7
- A new entry has been added to apply internal tests to the Control Center.
- The functions and interface of the keyboard layers and input methods have been improved.
- A calendar has been added to the mail application that supports event management and synchronization.
- Grand Search supports Google and can be selected as the default search engine.
- The camera supports MP4 videos.
- The browser has added Google Translate in the context menu.
- Support for Qt 6.
- The library has been integrated nvidia-vaapi-driver, and supports Firefox hardware decoding.
- Biometric authentication supports more Goodix fingerprint sensors.
- Many new features related to desktop applications and several bug fixes that can be found in the notes from this release.
Images can be downloaded on your server cd imageat Google Drive o Mediafire, although the latter only offers the .torrent file. From the download speeds and tests I've done, Google Drive is recommended to avoid having to wait for hours.