About a month and a half after the previous versionWe already have a new installment of the most popular Chinese distribution. We are talking about Download Deepin 20.3, among whose novelties it stands out that they have updated the kernel to the latest version. Deepin Linux usually puts two cores in our distribution, one recent and the last LTS, something that they have also done this time, although the last LTS also coincides with the last stable version of the Linux kernel, so there are two LTS.
If this distribution is so popular it is for two reasons: first, it is more so in China, the country of origin of the project; second, by his desk, which includes a graphical environment with modern interface and useful applications such as the screenshot tool. In Deepin 20.3 everything has been improved a little, something that was expected by the change of the first decimal.
Most outstanding news of Deepin 20.3
- Linux 5.15. It is mentioned that it is the stable kernel and some of the benefits it brings. Deepin says that there is an LTS and a stable one available, so it should offer Linux 5.10 and Linux 5.15, although 5.15 is also LTS.
- Improvements in the album app, such as a better batch selection of photos and new buttons for quick actions, among other new features.
- Now the snapshot tool supports scrolling snapshots, instead of taking multiple snapshots.
- A keyboard shortcut for global searches has been added.
- Added video information interface.
- Ffmpeg support for NVIDIA cards.
- OCR also supports scrollshots.
- Added management, preview and video search.
- Improvements to the GRUB EFI program for generating EFI files with the latest GRUB vision.
- Complete list of changes to this link.
The launch of Deepin 20.3 it's official, and can be downloaded from the own project link, SourceForge, Google Drive and through the network Torrent. After having tried all the options, I would recommend trying the Google Drive, which is the only one that goes fast (although the download sometimes cuts off ...). If you just want the desktop, it will soon be available on Linux distributions that offer it, like the community's Manjaro DDE. UbuntuDDE has not released its version 21.10, so it doesn't seem to be an option. In any case, Deepin 20.3 has arrived and can now be installed.