Month and a half after previous point update, It is now available Download Deepin 20.2.4. If anyone was waiting for them to make the leap to BullseyeKeep waiting, since the latest version of Debian is not yet two months old and the distributions that are based on this robust and famous operating system will still wait a while to change their base to Debian 11. There are other news, such as a new version of the kernel.
Deepin 20.2.4 offers the possibility of using two cores, the latest LTS version, 5.10.60, or Linux 5.13, a more updated one, but one that has already reached the end of its life cycle. A good number of changes are related to the desktop, also known as Deepin Desktop or DDE. Below you have the list of the most outstanding novelties that have come along with this version.
Most outstanding news of Deepin 20.2.4
To see the detailed changelog, it is best to read the release note. Many fixes and improvements have been added such as the following:
- Based on Debian 10.10.
- Linux 5.13 or Linux 5.10. The LTS is the one that comes by default.
- New global search to find what is needed directly from the dock.
- Improvements in NVIDIA graphics drivers.
- Mirror mode in camera.
- Support for dark theme and custom tabs in the browser.
- Now you can record images in UDF format from the file manager.
- Support for writing and "liking" comments from your App Store.
The interested users can now download Deepin 20.2.4 from the links provided in the release note. Existing users can upgrade from the same operating system. If they do, the first thing they will notice is that the new option to search globally appears in the dock. The rest of the news will arrive in the form of new packages that can be installed with the usual method.