The desktop (DDE) is touted as one of the most visually attractive of those available in Linux, and the truth is that they have reasons for it. But, although less used outside of China, it is also a Debian-based operating system, although technically it is just the opposite: the word names an operating system rather than the desktop. Let's use it for whatever we use it for, today's news is that has been launched Download Deepin 20.2.3, a new version of the operating system that arrives less than two months after the 20.2.2.
Among its novelties, it stands out that Deepin 20.2.3 is now based on Debian 10.10, which have updated both the LTS kernel (5.10) and the stable one (5.12, which has already reached the end of its life cycle) and many corrections in DDE, both in the graphical environment and in its applications. Below you have the complete list that they have provided us in the note of this release.
News of Deepin 20.2.3
- Linux 5.10.50 LTS and Linux 5.12.18 stable.
- The Capture Tool and Image Viewer have added OCR support.
- Updated the repository to Debian 10.10.
- DDE news:
- The application icons have been optimized.
- In dual display stretch mode, after dragging a window to the middle of the secondary display and dropping it, dragging cannot continue.
- Windows dragged continuously even after releasing the mouse button.
- When a part of the window was off the screen, after activating or deactivating the window effect using shortcuts, the position of the window changed.
- After opening multiple applications, using Alt + Tab to switch to the desktop, pressing Alt + Tab again to switch applications, clicking blank space, the initial state was not restored.
- The "Super + Shift + Number" shortcut kept working when there were no window thumbnails in the multitasking view.
- In multitasking view, the "Super + Shift + Number" shortcuts had no effect when a window thumbnail was selected.
- The conflict between deepin-icon-theme and the browser.
- The abnormal display of the notification center panel.
- The login interface was locked for 3 minutes due to bad passwords, but then the fingerprint could not be used to unlock it.
- When a wrong fingerprint or wrong password was entered to log in to an unregistered account, the error indications for another unregistered account were displayed.
- Control center:
- Optimized the sound setting to enhance the interactive experience.
- There was no error message when the repeated password was inconsistent with the new password.
- The account cannot be deleted successfully.
- When a Bluetooth headset was connected, the sound output switched from a2dp mode to headphone mode; and when switching back to a2dp mode, "Noise Suppression" was displayed on the input interface.
- After switching languages in the language list, while waiting for the logout notice, when I clicked "Edit" there, there were blank circles in front of the delete buttons for the languages that have not been selected.
- When searching for "General" in the search box, the option "Keyboard and Language -> General" did not appear in the drop-down box.
- Added a setting for multiple displays in the context menu of the dock.
- After connecting an external VGA display, in copy mode, setting the resolution to 1024 × 768, and then rotating the display, the dock was displaying incorrectly.
- When a secondary display was connected to the DP port for the first time, set to copy mode, full-screen applications were out of the dock.
- App launcher:
- Added: In full screen mode, the position of the launcher has changed after installing an application.
- Range when swiping in full screen mode has been optimized.
- Fixed no category names in full screen mode.
- Fixes in the browser:
- If there were multiple users in the system, the saved password of user A in the browser can be exported after authenticating the access password of user B.
- The browser crashed after taking screenshots in the password authentication pop-up interface and saving the screenshots.
- The password authentication pop-up box disappeared and was not available after switching to the desktop.
Deepin 20.2.3 is now available from the official link, SourceForge, Google Drive y Torrent, but all downloads are likely to be slow. If you do not want to use Deepin Linux and yes DDE, the news will come soon, for example, to Manjaro, an option recommended for its simplicity.