Debian It has given a great unexpected surprise. And it is that this community of developers focused on this great project now seems to be quite interested in the world of video games. The reason is that more and more people are using Linux for gaming, so many developers are realizing this and redirecting their roadmaps to improve this aspect.
Debian is one of them, and therefore Debian has planned an online event called MiniDebConf Online # 2 "Gaming Edition". A part of a much larger and generic event that will last 4 days at the end of November, from 19-22, with the video game session being between November 21 and 22.
These days will be especially interesting for all Debian users who also use their distro to play or create video games. Debian Linux thus joins this growing wave to satisfy more users. At the moment they are still contacting people for the talks that are going to be given and they are finalizing all the details.
However, if you want to know what is already planned For these online events, here is a list:
- Talks with third-party video game developers to show their experience, how they are developed, how to finance their projects, or how to maintain them in a sustainable way.
- Information on free graphics engines and tools for video game development.
- Samples of tools available to create graphics and music for games.
- About bug fixes in video game packages.
- Presentation of great titles for gamers already packaged, as well as some free DFSG that need packaging.
Remember that it will be from November 21 to 22 if you do not want to miss any of this and much more, whether you are gamers or if you like to create games you will love it ... All thanks to this great online event (for pandemic reasons) from Debian.
More information - MiniDebConf Online