We already anticipated the news in this same blog of the completion of Debian 7.0 Wheezy, but now we can confirm that it is fully available for download. After so many months of development and constant work by the project community, the stable version 7.0 is finally presented (stable and hard as a rock, tested and more than proven).
The new distribution integrates very interesting functionalities and improvements. It is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit microprocessors (ARM, IA-32, AMD64 or EM64T, PowerPC, SPARC, IA-64, MIPS, S / 390, System Z,…) and in no less than 73 languages. Multi-architecture support has been one of the main strengths for this project, supporting new architectures that its past brothers did not support. I mean, it is now possible to install both 32-bit and 64-bit software packages on the same system, resolving dependencies automatically.
- It brings specialized tools in Cloud Computing.
- Improved installer. You can even use speech synthesis software to install it (without lifting a finger, specially designed for the disabled).
- Pack of codecs and multimedia players to avoid depending on third parties.
- Native UEFI boot support (for the first time), although for Secure Boot mode support we will still have to wait ...
- New version of Apache server 2.2.22
- PBX functionalities with Asterisk 220.127.116.11
- GIMP 2.8.2 Image Editor
- GNOME 3.4 desktop environment, by default. Although we can also enjoy KDE Plasma and KDE 4.8.4, as well as Xfce 4.8 and LXDE
- As for the window system, it has the version of X.org X11R7.7
- GNU 4.7.2 compilers
- Icedove 10 and Iceweasel 10 browser
- * Uses kFreeBSD kernel v8.3, v9.0 and also, of course, Linux 3.2
- LibreOffice office suite 3.5.4
- You can share files with other OS with Samba 3.6.6
- Databases with MySQL 5.5.30 and PostgreSQL 9.1
- Network monitoring with Nagios 3.4.1
- Java development with OpenJDK 6b27 and 7u3
- Perl 5.14.2
- PHP 5.4.4
- Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3
- Tomcat 6.0.35 and 7.0.28 (servlelts and JSP)
- Virtualization with Xen Hypervisor 4.1.4
- And if this seems little to you, you can access 36.000 more software packages ... Which makes it the favorite of many and very flexible to be used for almost any purpose.
By the way, note that I have placed an asterisk in the item about the kernels it uses. Many may have been somewhat misplaced, but Debian, apart from a Linux kernel, is also available with the FreeBSD kernel. Perhaps FreeBSD has worse hardware support, but I have to say in its favor that it is very fast ... also the community offers it to us with all the GNU paraphernalia so that you do not miss any program.
Friends, you can already try it from the official website and download the ISO for CD, DVD, USB, Blu-ray, or if you prefer, install it directly from the network. If you just want to try it, the "Live" version is also available if you need installations. And that's not all, if you have a slow Internet connection or just don't have a connection, you can buy a CD / DVD that will come home. You do not find this new Debian Incredible! It is sure to make more than one happy!
More information - Debian 7.0 Wheezy already has a scheduled date and a new leader
Official website and download - Debian 7.0
Source - Zdnet
Be the first to comment