2015 is over, for better or for worse, some may want to leave it behind and others will remember it with nostalgia, but 2016 begins for everyone and from LxA we have wanted to end this last day with a article summarizing the best applications for Linux that 2015 has left us, after all, software is the most important thing, since it is the purpose for which we all use computers, run a program, be it a video game, office program, drawing, etc.
Who said there was no software for GNU / Linux? Sometimes we find so many alternatives for the same program from another platform that it is difficult for us to choose. But not everything is good news, since it is true that there are some cases in which there is no good alternative or there is no alternative at all. But little by little this changes and the amount of software for Linux is immense.
Our chosen list of the best Linux programs of 2015 is
- Eclipse for web development.
- Pidgin to communicate with loved ones.
- Mozilla Firefox to navigate the Internet universe.
- Tor for our anonymity.
- Kirta to manipulate our images.
- GIMP for photo retouching.
- Blender to create our 3D designs.
- Attracted for entertainment with music.
- LibreOffice to have our office suite.
- Stellarium for fans of astronomy.
- Transmission for BitTorrent fans.
- VLC for playing multimedia content.
- PeaZip to compress and decompress.
- Wine for Windows software lovers.
- VirtualBox for virtualizations.
- Arduino IDE to create our electronic projects with Arduino.
- BleachBit to have our system clean.
- Pinta as a substitute for Paint.
- Opportunity to create our videos ...
- GParted to manage our partitions.
- AcetoneISO for those who work with ISO images.
- aMule as a substitute for eMule.
- gedit as a text editor.
- Caliber to have control our library of eBooks.
- Rhythmbox to play our music.
2016 Happy! If 2015 has not been your year, from LxA we wish you that 2016 is, and if it has been a great year for you, we can only wish you that 2016 is the same or better than this one. And until next year ...