ClearLinux is a Linux distro designed to work both on the desktop, in the cloud and on the edge. The developers have paid special attention to its design and manageability. Now, some improvements in this operating system position it as one of the most powerful for 2022. In fact, it could be a great alternative to CentOS after changes in its development ...
Some benchmarks They are doing very well to Clear Linux compared to other distributions. Of course, it is a creation of Intel and is optimized for Intel platforms, where it performs better and is more efficient. Perhaps this optimization for only one hardware is its biggest drawback, since the kernel, AVX512 libraries, middleware layers, frameworks, and binaries compiled specifically for Intel chips.
Clear Linux OS strengths
In addition to the performance and efficiency, design, and ease of management of Clear Linux, the distro has other points to keep in mind. Some are:
- Integrated tool to check vulnerabilities from CVEs automatically and periodically.
- Easily customizable and easy to maintain.
- More than 90% of packages have been created with a single tool, improving scalability and consistency.
- Automatic proxy to avoid having to modify the configuration manually in each application. Everything is done from a centralized script.
- Unified app store, filters to maintain user confidence in what they download, and aggressive mitigation policies.
- Telemetry to detect and fix problems faster.
- Efficient update system.
- And much more…
And for AMD?
Although Clear Linux is highly optimized for Intel chips, AMD itself has recommended using this operating system for Get the most out of your Threadripper and EPYC chips. Why? Well, because this distro is optimized for multithreading, so, although the optimizations are oriented to Intel, it works quite well on these other processors.
And if you prefer an alternative to Clear Linux that performs perfectly with AMD, openSUSE it is magnificent.
Clear Linux - Official Web
openSUSE - Official Web