At least two types of improvements can be made to all types of software. One is the new functions or visual tweaks that are what attracts the most attention, but you can also tweak what is not seen so that the user experience improves. That is the point where Google seems to be with its browser, since, after v93 of the same, yesterday He launched Chrome 94 with changes that are not seen. Or well, in part.
And it is that among the highlights of what has come along with Chrome 94 we have improvements in the graphic section, but they are not design modifications, so seeing looks, but it is more of a sensation. Below you have the list of the most outstanding novelties that have arrived together with the 94th version of the Google browser.
Chrome 94 highlights
- WebGPU now available for testing. It is an alternative to WebGL, and allows mapping to Vulkan, Direct3D or Metal depending on the platform. WebGPU is designed to enhance the modern graphics experience.
- WebCodecs is now officially available.
- Now the canvas color management is formalized.
- New policy for the screen capture feature of the Screen Capture specification.
- An inactivity detection API has been added to be able to find out if the user is not interacting with the system.
Chrome 94 It is now available to download from your official website. From there, Linux users will download packages for our distribution, as long as it is compatible. It is not an open source browser, so it is not usually in the official repositories of any Linux-based system. Yes it is, for example, in AUR, the Arch Linux community repository, so it can be installed with yay or some tool with a graphical interface like Pamac.