Yesterday, Tuesday, November 17, Mozilla launched Firefox 83, a major update that, among other notable changes, included performance improvements. Apparently, it was the day of speed and improvements in sections such as autonomy, because hours later Google He launched Chrome 87 and literally his release note was titled 'A faster Chrome, for everything you need to do«. Apparently below, it will allow us to do everything faster and for longer.
And it is that one of the most outstanding novelties of Chrome 87, in fact the first one that they mention, is that the use of the CPU has been reduced to a fifth, which will mean that the battery life will be extended 1.25 hours . Logically, this is the result of your "laboratory tests", but the battery is expected to last longer than in Chrome 86 and earlier versions. Below you have the list with the most outstanding news Chrome 87.
Chrome 87 highlights
- Improved performance:
- Now it prioritizes active tabs over everything that's open, reducing CPU usage by up to 5x and increasing autonomy up to 1.25 hours, all based on its tests.
- The browser now starts 25% faster, loads pages 7% faster, and does it all using less RAM.
- On Android, page loads are almost instantaneous when navigating back and forth.
- Now you can see a list of open tabs, regardless of the window we are in, and write quickly to find the one we need. The function will be activated remotely, starting with Chromebooks.
- The URLS bar can now perform actions, a faster way to get things done with just a few keystrokes. For example, you can type "edit passwords" or "delete history" to perform the action directly from the bar. Personally, it is something that I have not been able to verify, although an animated image of how this works appears in the release note.
- Initial implementation of the Cards, which can be used, for example, for cooking or shopping.
Chrome 87 has already been officially released, so it can now be downloaded from the developer website. Existing users will already have the new version waiting in the software center.