Cathedral 3-D is an FPS style video game title, or first person shooter, inspired by the sand games of the past. Now it will arrive on Linux officially. And don't be fooled by its retro graphics, the game is quite addictive and dynamic, for those looking for something similar to the titles they are nostalgic for.
According to its own creators «Cathedral 3-D is a fast-paced, single-player, endless arcade arena inspired by the first 3D shooter games of the 90s. You are the Monster, a powerful and incredibly agile beast armed with fiery breath. Your lair… a cathedral floating in the sky - hides a chest that contains your heart. The humans want you dead, and they come in endless hordes to destroy you and your chest.«.
As for the the characteristics of Cathedral 3-D, some stand out such as:
- Unique gameplay focused on protecting the chest with the heart.
- Super-fluid movement system with double jumps, strafing, rocket jump and shotgun flight.
- Three types of attack: rapid fire, cluster shot, incendiary bombs.
- Additional special abilities to unlock by surviving long enough.
- A leaderboard that allows you to compete with other players from around the world.
- Custom game engine with a raster look in the style of 90s games with unfiltered textures and jagged animations.
- Handcrafted graphics and sounds.
If you are interested buy Cathedral 3-D now en the Valve store, Steam, you can do it from now on. In fact, if you buy it before September 20, you will have a 30% discount. That is, you can download and install it on your disto from the Steam client for only € 2.79. Its original price is € 3,99 as of September 20, although it is not surprising that new offers arrive before the end of the year. Or maybe you want to search title offer pages like Instant Gaming.