From the looks of it, the developers behind this ethical hacking distro are not the type to look at the calendar. Other developers release their software on the exact day / month indicated by its version number, but BlackArch Linux usually arrives about the week before. They have done this in past releases, as a v2019.06.1 which was released on May 25, or BlackArch 2019.09.1 which was released today August 28.
The numbering coincides with next Sunday, September 1, but BlackArch 2019.09.1 has been released a few hours ago. As we see in its news page, the launch is already official, but the news includes the date of next Sunday. The new version, already available in the form of ISO and OVA images, includes a number of new features, including more than 150 new tools to test the security of all types of devices.
What's New in BlackArch 2019.09.1
- Over 150 new tools have been added.
- Added a terminal source for all WMs (thanks to psf for i3-wm bug fixes).
- Linux 5.2.9.
- New ~ / .vim and ~ / .vimrc (thanks to noptrix that offers its configuration files).
- BlackArch installer updated to v1.1.19.
- Various improvements and bug fixes
- The ad has been removedwindow minister dwm.
- Replaced the default terminal xterm with rxvt-unicode.
- Updated look: new BlackArch theme for WMs, grub, syslinux, etc.
- All packages (executable) have been repaired.
- All blackarch tools and packages have been updated, including configuration files.
- Updated all system packages
- Updated all the windows manager menus (awesome, fluxbox, openbox).
BlackArch 2019.09.1 is now available from this link in two types of images: the usual ISO and OVA images that we can run in Virtualbox, VWware and QEMU.