For those who do not know ArchLabs I will tell you a little about this Linux distribution, ArchLabs is based on Arch Linux, therefore, this is a Rolling Release distribution counting on all the benefits of this type of updates.
The creators of this distribution were heavily influenced by BunsenLabs, which was the basis for creating ArchLabs and its superb minimalist look.
ArchLabs has the openbox desktop environment (window manager) and together with tint2 (panel) they make an impressive set, since various scripts are helped for its configuration and achieve the great appearance that this distribution offers us.
Within the benefits and benefits that its creator offers us, what he shares with us we find:
- ArchLabs Highlights:
- Minimal desktop environment
- Easy installation using ABIF
- Just a few basic pre-installed apps.
- Welcome script to facilitate the installation of additional applications Window and desktop managers
- Available WM / DMs include Openbox, XFCE4, i3, Bspwm, and Awesome
- Freely switch between panels and docks with ease
- Return of favorites Conky & Tint2
- ArchLabs Dark Openbox & GTK3 / 2 theme is set as the default theme
- The custom ArchLabs icon is the default icon theme
- ArchLabs apps and scripts included
- Default apps: Thunar, Termite, Geany, Firefox, Audacious, MPV, Skippy-XD for window management
While this distribution It has been updated to its version 2018.02 which brings us many new improvements and several corrections, but do not worry, there is no need to download the new ISO, if you already have this system you just have to execute the following command, since being based on a Rolling Release system with this you no longer depend on new installations just update and that's it.
The command is as follows:
sudo pacman -Syuu
Among the most important changes we find:
- Gorice was removed from the system
- Underwent Al-Hellow review.
- Obmenu has been changed to pipmenus.
- The installer has been modified to be more efficient.
Pueof download the image of this distribution since page official website, the link is this.