On September 4, Google He launched Android 10, which was the first version of the mobile operating system to not include any candy in its name. Among its novelties, the tenth version of the android system introduced a new dark mode, Live Caption and intelligent responses. Today June 10, 2020, the company that became famous for the great search engine has launched Android 11 Beta, which is the first test version of the operating system that will reach its stable version later this summer.
Android 11 Beta 1 has arrived a week later than expected and it does so in a very different way than it has done on other occasions. Instead of broadcasting a live event, what they have done is share several videos and articles online, information that you can access from this link. This has been the case, once again, to avoid problems or the spread of COVID19 and it is something that other companies such as Apple will do this month.
Android 11 Beta highlights
As we read in the release note, Android 11 will introduce these new features:
- They have focused on facilitating communication:
- Conversations can be viewed and responded to through our favorite apps from one place.
- Bubbles that help multitask on the phone without missing important information.
- Responses are faster thanks to automatic text and emoji prediction on Gboard.
- Improvements in the control of connected devices.
- New multimedia controls that will make it faster and more convenient to change the content of our audio or video device that is playing. Now it is easier to bring music to headphones, speakers or even the television.
- Privacy and security enhancements that will allow us to decide when our information is shared.
- More granular controls for the most sensitive permissions. Now we can give permission only once (just this time) instead of being forced to give it forever. If we choose the option "Only once", the next time you need to use a sensor, it will ask again. The permissions will be reset automatically if we haven't used an app for a long time.
Android 11 will be available in beta form starting today and Google ensures that there are many more functions prepared, such as screen recording, updated voice access, performance improvements and an improved sharing menu that makes it easy to share content from our phone. The news will appear before in the beta for the Pixel, to which we can subscribe from this link.