action quake 2, the old free and open source first-person shooter that "inspired one of the most popular and influential games of all time, Counter-Strike," is available right now on the Valve Steam store. Originally developed in 1998 to recreate the look and feel of an action movie, with fast pacing and a semi-realistic damage system. The developers say that this new version of the Action Quake 2 video game is being updated, with many details polished to make it worth playing again and resurrecting this classic title.
As for some new products from ActionQuake 2:
- Deathmatch: spawn points are spread out over most of the map, and by default, players fight with only a pistol and combat knife in an attempt to get as many kills as possible. The map changes when one of two conditions is met: the time or frag limit is reached. Additional "unique" gear can be picked up at any time, meaning only one exists on that map at any given time.
- Capture the Flag: you will have to team up with other players and manage your offense and defense to bring the enemy flag to your base to score. The team that captures the enemy flag the most wins!
- Team play: players are divided into two teams and the game is based on rounds. Players select a primary weapon and item to use, in addition to the default gun and knife. Teams spawn on opposite sides of the map and then break loose to kill each other. If one team eliminates the other, they win the round.
- Team Deathmatch: like Deathmatch but with teams, spawn points are spread over most of the map, and by default, players fight only with a pistol and combat knife in an attempt to get as many kills as possible. . The map changes when one of two conditions is met: the time or frag limit is reached.
- Play offline: Take part in the battle against the bots that will test your skills with and without using your network connection. You can adjust your ability and select from various game modes.
- Espionage- Similar to Team Play mode, with the exception that team points are awarded based on successful completion of a scenario. Players also respawn periodically, a set amount of time, if a certain number of team members are dead, or instantly. The CNH, CTB, and OFC scenario types are continuous play, as there is no "end" to a round until the round limit or time limit is reached. Rounds of other types end when an objective is met.
More information and download - Official site
Also available Action Quake 2 on Steam – Aqtion on Steam