It already sounds almost repetitive, but the world of video game on Linux is having a golden age with new titles and the interest of certain companies and developers in porting or even releasing titles exclusively for the penguin platform. Last year we already made a similar ranking, and for this year we will once again create a list with the best 25 existing video game titles for GNU / Linux and for SteamOS or Valve's Steam Machine.
As you know, you can buy or download these video games in various places or stores, but the most prominent and the one with the most movement is Steam. That's why I advise you to go back for it and see all the games that exist for your Linux, surely you will have fun for many hours with them. Well, whatever the method of acquiring the titles, or even if you opt for some free and open source ones, the important thing is that you have fun. For this reason, we help you with this article to make a selection of the best that there is at the moment.
However, as always, it is a matter of taste. The titles are the most varied, and the categories to which they belong as well. Therefore, it is difficult to make a selection that everyone agrees with. But our selection of top 25 games is
- Hitman: the famous assassin agent comes to Linux to stay and delight fans of this saga. Without a doubt, one of the most anticipated titles ...
- Civilization 6: from a shooter we go to strategy with the famous video game in which you can manage your civilization and fight with enemies.
- XCOM 2: Another of the greats, an action game set in a supposed military resistance that will immerse you in quite fun combats.
- Mad Max: the famous movie has left a video game at its height, for those who love action and driving in this futuristic world.
- Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition: We have talked about many of these titles in other articles, this is the case. If you like zombies and post apocalyptic worlds, you will like it.
- SOMA: it is similar to the well-known and successful Bioshock that you can find for other platforms. Interesting, no doubt.
- Portal 2: another of the greats, without a doubt. Available for Linux, from the hand of Valve comes this title.
- Wasterland 2: the second version of Wasteland brings us science fiction scenarios and missions with high quality images to please the eye while entertaining us.
- Pillars of Eternity: another one of the good strategies, an era of giants and magic in which you must survive and manage yours in the best way.
- Deus Ex: Mankid Divides: It is another of the futuristic science fiction titles that you will surely like.
- Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor: You like The Lord of the Rings, stories of magic, orcs and other fictional characters, then try this game based on a medieval era.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: If you are a Star Wars fan, you will like this title, it is an RPG that has come to our system to have fun.
- Metro: Last Light Redux- Another first person shooter in a post apocalyptic era set in Russia where you will have to survive.
- ARK: Survival Evolved: Survival video games are in fashion now, as this is another one of them. A hostile and Jurassic era in which to fight to get ahead.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2: is another title in the Borderlands saga with a lot of action and aliens ...
- Europe Universalis IV- Another strategy video game with a history and cultures set in Europe.
- Cities: Skylines: If you like to build and manage big cities, you can unleash your imagination with this one.
- Crusader Kings II: also set in medieval Europe, it is a game to return to the crusades digitally.
- Transistor: a good story, good background music and some neat graphics for fun.
- Rocket League- A rare combination of soccer and cars that will make you spend hours glued to the screen. Something different but addictive.
- The Talos Principle- A mystery game with beautiful and intriguing puzzles to solve the riddles that arise.
- Kerbal Space Program: build and fly spaceships, that's what you have to do. If you want to start your own space program, go ahead ...
- Shovel Knight- For those nostalgic for pixels, comes this RPG that brings a classic look back to this action game.
- Superhot: It is another interesting shooter, although it is somewhat independent in terms of the design of its graphics, since you will see everything as if you had infrared vision ...
- Invisible Inc.: is another title in which your strategy is to go unnoticed, with mixtures of hacking, combat, and guaranteed action.
If you like other titles or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to leave us your comments.