The new version of SystemRescueCd 5.3.1 is now available for downloadr, because the developer of this rescue tool recently released its new version 5.3.1 with new improvements and bug fixes.
For those readers who do not know the system, I can tell you that SystemRescueCd is a system designed to repair of the system which is based on Gentoo.
Table of Contents
This system aims to provide an easy way to carry out administration tasks on your computer for crash recovery and data, as well as creating and editing hard drive partitions.
It comes with a bunch of Linux software such as system tools (parted, partimage, fstools, ...) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools).
It can be used for both Linux and Windows computers, and on desktops and servers.
This rescue system does not require installationas it can be booted from a CD / DVD drive or USB stick, but can be installed on the hard drive if desired.
Kernel supports all major file systems (ext2 / ext3 / ext4, reiserfs, btrfs, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs), as well as network file systems (samba and nfs).
Between Its main characteristics can be highlighted:
- Fully operational, self-contained Linux-based operating system that can be run from a bootable CD or DVD drive, even if the main computer's operating system does not boot.
- It supports the following file systems: EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, Reiserfs, Reiser4, BTRFS, XFS, JFS, VFAT, NTFS, ISO9660.
- Support for network file systems: Samba and NFS.
- Create, edit, copy, restore hard drive partitions.
- Being able to create a backup of your data.
- The presence of a number of system utilities (Parted, Partimage, Fstools and other utilities).
- The availability of the Midnight Commander file manager allows files and directories in different actions (copy, delete, move, rename, etc.).
- Memtest + – RAM memory test
- System tools for Linux and Windows file systems
- Network tools (eg, Samba, NFS, ping, and nslookup)
New release of SystemRescueCd 5.3.1
This new release of the system is intended to update many of the main components of the system., in addition to updating its core to a new, more stable version with bug and security fixes.
System Rescue Cd 5.3.1 now has as main kernel the stable Linux LTS 4.14.70 kernel, and uses Grub 2.02 for UEFI Boot.
Besides this added support for booting from NVMe disk and the system is available with partclone-0.2.89.
A complete list of packages was also indicated on the versions of the packages included in the system.
With the new updated system kernel also several of the disk tools were updated besides that the default desktop environment in this distribution is still XFCE.
This gives the system better compatibility with ext2, ext3, ext4, ReiserFS, reiser4fs, Btrfs, XFS, JFS, VFAT, NTFS as well as some such as ISO9660 and network file systems such as NFS and Samba.
Finally, it is important to mention that this is a 32-bit system and of which it is one of the few distributions that continue to support this architecture.
Download the new version of SystemRescueCd 5.3.1
This new release of SystemRescueCd has a weight of only 573.9 MB so it can be recorded on a CD or a 1GB USB memory.
In order to get this new image just go to the download section on the distribution's official website.
In addition, here on the official website of the distribution you will find various user manuals, which are aimed at both beginners and advanced users.
Or they can be said directly to the following link to download. You can save the distribution image to your USB stick with the help of Etcher. The download link is this.