Jolla announced the release of the new version of the Sailfish 3.2.1 operating system. For those who are still unfamiliar with Sailfish OS, they should know whate this uses a graph stack based on Wayland and the Qt5 library, the system environment is built on the foundation of Mer, which has been developed as an integral part of Sailfish since April, and the Nemo packages.
The user shell, basic mobile applications, components Silica QML to build Android GUI, Android application launch layer, smart text input engine and the data synchronization system are proprietary, but its code was planned to open in 2017.
What's new in Sailfish OS 3.2.1?
In the new versionn the developers have added an indicator of the use of the HTTPS connection to the address bar of the browser, the mail client now has the ability to redirect messages with HTML markup as an attachment, in addition to the addition of the support for accounts in NextCloud cloud storage (will be activated in the next version).
Another change in this new version is that Android compatibility layer has been updated to Android 8.1 platform, along with which improved sound routing in Android apps with what problems with WhatsApp and YouTube were fixed.
Remote management of a mobile device (MDM, Device Management) adds VPN configuration management via Connman and the ability to block the browser.
Has been added support for CSV format to document viewer, Support for XLSX and RTF has been improved, problems with the Cyrillic representation of data in RTF have been resolved.
In messenger, the message display interface has been redesigned and the interface has been improved to display detailed information.
Have solved problems with using SSH over USB in developer mode. To connect via SSH, key authentication is used instead of the root user
Of the other changes that stand out from this new version:
- Fixed issues with Twitter and Nextcloud accounts.
- Fixed issues with ActiveSync in the calendar planner.
- Added the ability to use iprange and ip-based comparisons based on GRE protocol (to filter packets on PPTP).
- Support is provided for enabling developer mode in the absence of an internet connection and Jolla account.
- The media player provides a dynamic definition of hardware codecs.
- Implemented support for NFC SmartPoster tags.
- Redesigned interface style for making calls.
- Redesigned tab headers.
- Improved handling of VPN connections and identification of authentication errors for VPN.
- Improved support for L2TP VPN, PPTP VPN, OpenConnect, and OpenVPN.
- He continued to modernize the interface design for messaging.
- Improved calendar planner synchronization with Google Calendar.
- The document viewer now automatically detects encoding in text files.
- The layout of the field with the sender parameters has been changed in the mail client.
- Sony Xperia devices support h.265 hardware video decoding (HEVC).
- The Xperia 10 device has the ability to encrypt a section with user data
- A section with encryption settings has been added to the settings ("Settings> Encryption").
Get Sailfish OS 3.2.1
This new version of Sailfish OS 3.2.1 its compilations are ready for the Jolla 1, Jolla C, Sony Xperia X, Xperia XA2, Gemini, Sony Xperia 10 devices and are now available as an OTA update.
To do this, just go to Configuration - Sailfish operating system updates, here you must scroll down to find an update (if you currently have an old version of the operating system, use the menu «Settings - Information - About the product. With this, the new version should appear so that they can update to it.