We always try to present new projects and alternatives to the software of other closed source operating systems, this time we bring an article in which I compile 7 interesting programs that can help you in the educational field. Many of them surely you know, since they are quite well known, and if you did not know any, I am delighted to have presented it to you so that you can use it from now on if you are interested.
La education is essential for the growth of a countryAlthough it seems that some forget it, or rather, intentionally dynamite it because it is easier to manipulate an uneducated people than a cultured one. For this reason, from LxA we want to show our support for education in our own way by presenting these programs. Of course, learning requires some basic resources, and now that we are in the digital age, some of those resources go through the appropriate software.
The 7 apps chosen are:
- Anki: is a free and open source software especially for learning with flashcards, picture cards, text and other types of multimedia content to help you better assimilate the lessons. Surely you have already heard about this method to learn, for example, languages, where the image and the corresponding word appear on each flashcard ...
- KAIgebra: is a program for mathematical graphical calculations, with mathematical symbols and analysis functionalities. It is included in the KDE Education suite, although you can install it separately. It is useful for basic numerical calculations, logic, statistics, functions, trigonometry, etc.
- Calcium: another program that will be very useful to chemistry students, since it is a complete periodic table of the elements.
- GNU PSPP: The GNU project has created this program to provide an alternative to the proprietary IBM PSPP. If you know it, you will know that it is used for data management and statistical analysis.
- GeoGebra: it is also a program for mathematicians, in this case for geometry.
- SciLab- A complete professional lab to replace MATLAB. Necessary for scientists and engineers, or students pursuing this type of study.
- Mendeley- To organize and share research documents in a collaborative way.
Of course there are many more, and you may also need an editor for your documents such as LibreOffice or Calligra, etc.