We are all immersed in an era of digital entertainment in which companies insist on releasing video games with better and more realistic graphics, which require huge amounts of hardware resources. Not happy with that, now comes virtual reality to offer total immersion and almost total realism. Some, like indie video game developers, have chosen to offer titles other than AAA. Many others are also great lovers of classic games ...
Well, in a world of extreme graphics and virtual reality, now we are going to present 10 classic video games that will surely sound familiar to you, and that now they have revived in the form of clones to play from your console, not the PS4, nor the Xbox, or Nintendo, but from the terminal of your GNU / Linux. Yes, as you hear, from the terminal you can also play, if you didn't already know. Well, our selection is:
- knotku: If you are a sudoku lover, you will like it, with a 9 × 9 matrix to fill.
- 2048-cli: it is a simple game based on the graphic 2048 video game, but this time for the terminal.
- MyMan: is the famous Pac-Man video game redesigned for the terminal, that is, the typical Pac-Man.
- Greed- Another Pac-Man and Tron clone, similar to MyMan, but offers colored text.
- pacm4console- More Pac-Man clones, the classic now comes from developer Mike Billars.
- MoonBuggy: another game with which you can move your car and jump using the keys.
- Robot Finds Kitten: another interesting terminal game for Linux, whose player is a robot ... well ... throwing imagination into this world of text.
- nInvaders: If you like Space Invaders, have fun killing "Martians" with a text interface.
- Zang-band: quite a fun dungeon based adventure game.
- nethack: similar to the previous one, in case it is not enough for you with a thematic one.
¿Know more? Leave your comments ...